Schaeffler Australia

 
 
 
 
 
 
History

Company history

 
 

1950’s

INA started the first steps of bearings selling by commencing the distribution of needle roller bearing in Australia.

 

1962

Consolidated Bearing Company (CBC) became the exclusive INA distributor for the Australian market.

 

1973

INA Bearings Australia established as a 50:50 Joint Venture between INA Germany and CBC with one staff Operating from the head office in the CBC building.

 

1980

FAG began in a local garage in Killara, introducing a number of items from FAG’s product range.

 

1981

After a successful beginning the operation was moved to a combination warehouse/office in Aquatic Drive Frenchs Forest, Sydney North, which was where the company was established as a legal entity and extended to a national commercial level. FAG operated from this address for 22 years.

 

1983

Weber Group (CBC family) bought Bearing Service Company (BSC) in Australia and INA started supplying to BSC.